2003 Chevrolet Cavalier

Great little Chevy! by Del on 04/18/2009. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: It has been a very affordable car to purchase, maintain, and drive. Great gas mileage. Overall I have averaged 25-29 mpg in the city and 33-35 on the highway. Recently on a 300 mile trip through the rockies I actually averaged just over 40 mpg (no tail wind). I now have 130,000 miles on it and the powertrain still runs great. I have taken it on road trips around CA, NV, UT, and ID and it has always been very reliable. Acceleration is great for a 4 cylinder and it can pass with ease on the highway. Transmission still shifts strong. Handles great in the snow! I have asked a lot of this car and it has performed great.
Cons: Fuel pump went out around a year ago, but I have ran it out of gas before, and I didn't change the fuel filter near as much as I should have. Suspension has had some aches and pains, but I have taken this car all over the place, in the mountains over rocks and all kinds of stuff that made me cringe has also been through a lot in cold snowy rocky mountain winters on bad roads.
Overall review: Great car. After driving and owning this for the last 5+ years and seeing how reliable, strong, and efficient it is, it makes me wonder why American cars get such bad ratings. Higher rated cars from japan cost so much more and I don't believe that they are any more reliable and efficient (I have driven them quite a bit too). The Ecotec 2.2 is a great motor with reliability, efficiency, and power that will rival any other competitor.
THE MOST AWESOME CAR! by Diane Cleveland OH on 05/14/2010. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I love my car! This car has given us no problems! All we have ever had to do to it is the normal maintanence on the car. Plus, it has great gas miledge for this day and age.
Cons: It could be a little bigger when traveling but that's ok.
Overall review: This car is great! It has taken us from cleveland to northwest ohio and back many many times, it has also taken us to Kentucky and Tennessee. And it has also taken us to Pennsylvania and Wisconsin! I love this car!
Cute Little Chevy! by Latia from Minnesota on 09/29/2009. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Pretty much everything! My sunroof is amazing - great feature to have! The acceleration is amazing! Very stylish! Not to mention the gas mileage is INCREDIBLE! I LOVE MY RED CAVALIER*
Cons: THE FUEL PUMP! Never knew this was an issue w/ these cars until I had this problem with mine last week! Apparently this is a very common problem w/ cavaliers. Luckily I know a mechanic that fixes carS for cheap, he got a new fuel pump and put it in for me only charging $250. WHICH MIGHT I ADD IS EXTREMELY CHEAP BECAUSE WHEN I CALLED AROUND TO DIFFERENT PLACES THEY QUOTED ME $800! Other than this one problem I have no other complaints.
Overall review: Very realiable & great priced! ( I got my 03 Cavalier for only $1400). GOOD DEAL. I am a busy college student and this car takes me wherever I need to be using little gas along the way. Great first car!
Pre Goverment Motors Junk by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/03/2010. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Price
Cons: Everything
Overall review: The car was purchased used from dealership with 12k miles and sold as being as fun and comfortable to drive as a luxury sport car costing 10x as much. Seems there is always something that needs attention, oil changes, tires, new battery I have even had to replace the fuel pump and the car only has 189,000 on it. Bottom line, don’t waste your money on trash like this, spend the 40-80K and drive what you are accustomed to and be happy.
The reason GM is going down the tubes. by brazz from nm on 12/28/2008. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sedan, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The engine and tranny are good and provide very good gas mileage, 24-26 city, 32-34 hwy.
Cons: The sunvisors do not operate correctly. The bright lights indicator is hidden by the steering wheel (I have an adj. one). The brakes are noisy. The dash creaks, as well as the suspension.
Overall review: I had a '96 LS that was a great car. I bought the '03 thinking it would also be good. Little did I know about the GM policy of decontenting a car in order to sell more trucks and SUVs. GM is its own worst enemy and should be allowed to die.