1999 Honda Civic

1999 Honda Civic Prices
1999 Honda Civic Fuel Economy
Will not die by A guy from Vancouver on 03/17/2012. Trim: 1999 Honda Civic CX hatchback, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought this Civic with 198,000 Km. It now has 240,000Km (150,000 miles). I have needed new rotors and brakes, but nothing else. I drove 4500Km from London, Ontario to Vancouver, BC carrying about 400Kg (over 800 pounds) of stuff and it never complained. Last year I went on a 6000Km road trip to California and got amazing fuel economy. The best tank was 47 mpg (US), with some hypermiling as I thought I would run out of gas in Big Sur. Over 40 mpg is easy without hypermiling. It's an awesome car overall, with great handling, and peppy enough for the city. Love the manual gearbox.
Cons: With the age, the 1.6 engine is just not strong enough to deal with the hills and mountains of BC. The rotors keep warping and the braking suffers. I cannot get comfortable in the seat, but I am 6'3". There is enough room, but I am just uncomfortable. It's noisy on the highway. I need to feed it two quarts of oil between oil changes, but that's not a big deal to me. The ride is a little hard. There are no major deal breakers at all. It must have been an incredible car when new.
Overall review: In summary, my 1999 Civic Cx is quick in the city, stable on the highway, has great carrying capacity for its size with the hatchback and the seats down, is very reliable and has surprisingly good gas mileage even in the city. I honestly cannot get it to do under 30mpg (US) in the city! I do try to keep the speed around the turns without stepping on the brake constantly and throwing away kinetic energy. Tailgating also means braking constantly, and I avoid this too. I highly recommend the Civic as a used car, even with high mileage, particularly if you are not too tall and don't mind the hard ride (but that's the price for good handling). The Cx is basic (no power steering or AC or electric windows), but there is less to go wrong.
i know by jose alfredo jimenez arguijo on 05/22/2008. Trim: 1999 Honda Civic DX coupe, Owned 10 years.
Pros: very good
Cons: very good
Overall review: very good
Great car, terrible seats by Morgan in North Carolina on 06/24/2005. Trim: 1999 Honda Civic EX coupe, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have had my Civic for 6 1/2 years & the only thing I've had to fix was my power windows. Unfortunatly both windows broke within a month of each other.
Cons: The car seats are REALLY uncomfortable. Its fine for driving around town, but even a 2 hour car trip is uncomfortable. The trunk is also really small. Its just not a good vacation car.
Overall review: Great car
;mknbh by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/30/2008. Trim: 1999 Honda Civic HX coupe, Owned 9 years.
Pros: dfsggdfs
Cons: srsdfhgsf
Overall review: gh
Great gas mileage and holds oodles of cargo. by Mary, Euless, TX on 07/07/2008. Trim: 1999 Honda Civic LX sedan, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I like pretty much everything about this car. The interior capacity is excellent; rear fold-down seats are fantastic. Even with minor mechanical problems, the car keeps running. Upholstery is holding up extremely well; after 9.5 years it looks nearly new. Even the carpet is holding up quite well.
Cons: The low fuel indicator has stopped working. The bumpers are painted, so if you have a tiny bump that does not affect the structure of the bumper, you still end up with cracked paint that then chips off. The cup holders are very inadequate; they are too shallow to keep a cup upright when turning and are precariously placed between the dash (under the stereo) and the gear shift so getting a drink in or out when parked is awkward.
Overall review: Gas mileage is an interesting roller coaster. 21 fill-ups between 2/7/08 & 6/29/08 averages at 28.17667mpg with a low of 23.449 and high of 31.842. The high is of course out of town trips with mostly freeway driving (3 trips of 4+ hours) with the most driving being 50/50 highway & city around the DFW metroplex. Fun car to drive. Easily fits 6'3" driver (with room to spare). Easy to maintain.