1992 Jaguar XJS

1992 Jaguar XJS pictures are not available
1992 Jaguar XJS Prices
1992 Jaguar XJS Fuel Economy
Beautiful, fast, comfortable, quiet . . . or do you prefer an econo box? by Stash in Williamsburg on 04/08/2011. Trim: 1992 Jaguar XJS Convertible, Owned 6 years.
Pros: After you get over the stunning look of this car, the next thing you notice is the smooth and quiet ride. This car must be one of the quietest ever marketed . . . and with a V12 engine that is remarkable. For myself, I find the seating and seat position ideal. It may be considered just a bit low for some, but the position seems to lend to the overall balance of the car. In owning two of these cars (an 87 coupe and now a 92 convertible) I have found very few problems that are worth noting. A blown radio fuse, and a mysterious fuel pump electrical connection are about it aside from routine maintenance.
Cons: The biggest problem in owning one of these cars is that the dealer wants to own a bigger boat, and other places you might consider seldom have the skilled mechanics or just plain common sense to work on the XJS. For reasons unknown to me, the machine seems to be intimidating, but my good friend who just happens to be a first rate mechanics tells me that there are really very few issues for repairs; one he points out though is replacing the parking brake pads . . . he prefers dropping the entire rear end to do it. Aside from that, I confess that I am sometimes annoyed with the cheaply made window switches (by TRW, a US company!)
Overall review: The genuine pleasure in driving one of these cars brings back memories when driving was a pleasure, not a simple commute. I use mine as a daily driver, years of ownership have taught me that patience (not with the car, but the unskilled mechanics) is required. Mileage?: 10-12 in urban driving; 18-21 highway. Gets along just fine with medium test gasoline. The best advice is to look for one that has been well maintained, and then do the same yourself. You would not buy cheap shoes, and you should not buy cheap tires (they don't last long and certainly don't hold the road). Show me a 19 year-old Japanese luxury car, and then you can compare it to a 19 year-old Jaguar XJS. The Jaguar will still be in style even though a classic, and if maintained properly will still be running like new. Advice: Buy quality parts from after-market sources for your mechanic. You will save money, your mechanic will be happy, and the reward will be obvious.
Review ID: #551900 Is this review offensive?
Beautiful Car by Nakeia on 12/11/2007. Trim: 1992 Jaguar XJS Convertible, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The style of this car is outstanding. I never seen a more beautful car anywhere. I love the powerful engine and smooth accelleration. What can I say about my 16 year old car? I love it. After owning it for 7 years, she still makes my heart sing when I drive it.
Cons: Maintenance costs are high and parts for this 16 year old car are sometimes not readily available.
Overall review: Style, finish and performace is what makes me hang onto it. Powerful engine, smooth shifting and the interior finishes are additional attributes.
Review ID: #519850 Is this review offensive?
Jag XJS... Fun, Reliable, and still a Jag! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/17/2007. Trim: 1992 Jaguar XJS Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Amazing looks - a real head turner! Quite a pleasure to drive, can even be used daily with proper maintnece
Cons: Expensive to send to a dealer for repairs. Not the easiest car to work on in your own garage, but it can be done relativly inexpensively (many GM interchangeable parts).
Overall review: Sweet!
Fergie by gus on 08/10/2004. Trim: 1992 Jaguar XJS Convertible, Owned 9 years.
Pros: ageless styling, good quality, will probably soon go up in value
Cons: no cup holders, cruise control constantly broken
Overall review: much better reliability than what I expected.
92' Jaguar by Alex Hough on 03/30/2004. Trim: 1992 Jaguar XJS Convertible, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Very nice feeling to the road, Nice pick up, and other things.
Cons: Awful small but what do you think its a sport car;)
Overall review: Overall I rate it a 8 Due to some dislikes.
Review ID: #421916 Is this review offensive?