1988 Mercedes-Benz 560

1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 pictures are not available
1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 Prices
1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
TURNS HEADS by DON on 10/03/2002. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 SL coupe, Owned 7 years.
Overall review: CLASSIC DESIGN, SUPER CLEAN, MILEAGE IS LOW, FUEL CONSUMPTION APROX. 17 MPG, BOTH TOPS IN EXCELLANT CONDITION,TIRES EXCELLANT,POLLISHED WHEELS.
The Porsche Hunter!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/10/2011. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 SEL sedan, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's amazing how fast this 4000lb beast is, I can't imagine how fast the sl model is. I've had performance cars and this car is as fast as any of them, even being almost 25yrs old. Although it's not very agile around sharp curves like a Vette or something like that, you have to remember it was built for speed , comfort and safety.
Cons: I bought mine from an old man, it had 77k original miles on it and it was a beautiful foundation to build on. Considering the N.Y.C. mileage, it was obvious that she needed to be serviced because everything was original and tired. Even though this car is a classic (almost 25) everything is still "Big Bucks" to buy, thats if you're lucy enough to find everything you want/need. I spent 5 Grand making my car perfect, soup- to-nuts, but now she's awsome.
Overall review: The Mercedes w126 cars are timeless classics if you don't mind the exspensive up-keep.
great car by steve 560 sec from washington state on 04/16/2009. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 SEC coupe, Owned 3 years.
Pros: very fast car does 150 + if you want to was made for the autobahn will go 172 i think didnt want too,have owned 2 of these cars,am looking for 500 sl. gets allmost 20 mpg if you keep foot out of it.
Cons: replaces 3 ac compressors in 4 years on the car,had trouble with the self leveling suspension,finally got it fixed right mb dealer couldnot get therepairs right.
Overall review: good car great looks classic and timeless
Great looking and fun to drive by MB from upstate NY on 07/21/2011. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 SEC coupe, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have owned the car for 4 years. When 1st purchased I had a certified MB service center go through it. Told them the price I paid (purchased from a southern PA Nisson dealer) they told me it was a great deal given the car looked like new. I had the service center replace valve cover gaskets, springs etc in the engine but the rest of the engine was excellent and like brand new. They rebuilt the air compressor for self leveling and recharged the a/c. I spent a little over $2k including having the trunk, roof and hood repainted do to chips. I have not had to touch anything else. I do use high octane gas and on the highway it gets around 18-20 depending on how I push it.
Cons: Wish it had tilt wheel included with the telescopic.
Overall review: If you are looking for a great looking and driving automoble this car is it
Timeless, sweet Benz by Zach from USA on 02/14/2010. Trim: 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560 SEL sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I'm 17 and this is my first car. I'm very proud to own such a durable and great looking car. The paint job is 22 years old but looks as good as or better than cars today. Pretty fast for a 2 ton car as well. Very comfortable leather, heated seats, especially in the winter - they heat up fast.
Cons: As with a V8 car this big, gas mileage is usually 14 - 16 mpg. You should also take it to an MB dealer to repair it, which is expensive but saves you from even more damage from an inexperienced mechanic. The only real problem with the car now is a little leak it gets every now and then. My father and I have seen oil and lately he even claimed it was gas, but very very little.
Overall review: I would love to keep this car forever. When I get another I might go for the sportier '88 SL coupe. Wonderful car, a joy to drive, and attracts a little attention from other drivers because of it's timeless, classic look. I recommend it to any teenage kid looking for a starter car. Make sure you check it out before you buy it. You don't want to be putting 10 gran into it.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next