1988 Nissan Pickup

1988 Nissan Pickup pictures are not available
1988 Nissan Pickup Prices
1988 Nissan Pickup Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
300,000 miles and still going.............. by MISTER BLINKIES FROM OHIO on 07/19/2006. Trim: 1988 Nissan Pickup E King Cab 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: it won't quit...it just keeps going on, and on....
Cons: seats (bench), no power steering........
Overall review: I have 300,000 miles on this truck and its been great..(86.5).. bought it used with 63,00 miles in '91. I just bought a toyota previa van '91 i hope to get 300,00 miles out it also. i plan to keep my '86.5 nissan.... and run it til it drops
Great truck up in Canada by KLS on 01/26/2005. Trim: 1988 Nissan Pickup SE King Cab 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I went from a 85 Ranger to the Nissan. No comparison. The ride quality and amount of accesories in the Nissan is amazing. Mine is an 87 always garage kept so body is near to mint shape.Great heater for Canadian winters.The kids love the jump seats in the back.(shorttrips) I built a small table that pulls down that they love to colour on.
Cons: Love the truck but Nissan dealers up in Edmonton, Canada are D%$& heads. Nothing but runaround trying to get a new speedo cable. If I was buying a new truck I would be their best friend for a day
Overall review: Great truck, but dealers of all makes need to get off of the comission racket a bit so were all treated equally.
The Money Pit by Frustrated on 11/21/2004. Trim: 1988 Nissan Pickup Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Cost was low, styling was good for the time it came out
Cons: Purchased new in '88... currently only 85K miles, well maintained, garage kept and have replaced the head gasket twice, ignition 3 times, timing chain twice, etc...I believe I got the LEMON !!! Too many issues to list !
Overall review: I believe I got the lemon as everyone else I know who had one had great luck, however, I am the exception and Nissan was not willing to work out a deal. I should have pursued legal action, but didn't.
4 Screaming cylinders by Noel F, Maine on 09/12/2004. Trim: 1988 Nissan Pickup E Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Absolutely terrific vehicle. Mine's an 87 but 88's as far back as they go. Original motor, body, and tranny until 227000(YES, 227), then tranny went because I let my kid cousin
Cons: No power steering, but I guess that's just another thing to break.
Overall review: Absolutely terrific. Love this truck, I'll drive it until it dies....then buy another one! 5-speed standard does 85 on the highway at 1/6 of the gas pedal, and I've loaded over 3000lbs of gravel into the back for a 10 mile drive and not broken anything. Excellent build quality, and parts are about 1/2 the cost of what you'd have to pay for a toyota.
Ol' Reliable by Brohak from Green Bay on 05/31/2004. Trim: 1988 Nissan Pickup SE King Cab 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: truck looks better with big tires. low maintainance other than what's stated in cons
Cons: The defrost fan motor hasn't worked on low or med speed for years,but it works on high. I've had the transmission replaced twice and the computer once.
Overall review: Very tough truck - 1986.5 - 192,000miles I've only had rust for about two years.As soon as i hit 200k I'll repaint in Ted nugent zebra stripe's
2 3 4 5 6  Next