1988 Plymouth Gran Fury

1988 Plymouth Gran Fury pictures are not available
1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Prices
1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Fuel Economy
A diamond in the rough by Natisha on 06/16/2004. Trim: 1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I have had this car since 2000. It has lasted all through my college years and then some. I have just purchased a new car and I can only hope that it last as long as my Fury. It hardly ever broke down. The two times that it did break down it happened in convenient areas where I was able to safely wait on my mechanic. The maintenance was extremely low and ride was smooth. The handling was excellent
Cons: It is old and outdated and not many of your friends want to ride with you to the club in it. It is definately a humbling exerience to try to have it valet parked at an expensive resturant. Many people will not believe you when you tell them that you have Masters in Accounting and work for a prestigious firm. You will rarely get per diem for mileage because everyone else will offer to walk than to be in the car with you during a summer audit.
Overall review: I loved it. It was my excuse for alot of things like
The Grand of Grand Furys by Christopher Bailey on 07/22/2002. Trim: 1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: It's easy to work on( the oil is really easy to change as well as the other fluids) and it rides really nice. The handleing of this vehicle is awsome and so is the braking system.
Cons: The paint and the vinyl roof fades after about 20 years. If needed an engine is expensive to replace (about $3,500)
Overall review: It's a very good vehicle. I feel safe in it when driving to the city. Not like Gulant.
Lots of Room by A CarPoint Consumer on 05/12/2002. Trim: 1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Salon, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very roomy, I could fit six people in the car without everyone feeling squeezed in. It's a big car that you can feel safe in. I hit a deer once head on with it and I didn't even feel it inside the car.
Cons: It doesn't get good gas mileage. Not fuel injected and it's hard to start sometimes, especially when it's cold. Rear wheel drive.
Overall review: I would recommend this car. I had very few problems with it and as I mentioned before you will definitely be safe in this car if you ever have an accident. The ride is very smooth and comfortable both in the front and the back.
white lightning by elimn8r24 from Upstate New York on 02/20/2002. Trim: 1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Salon, Owned 2 years.
Overall review: Great Car
Police Package '88 Plymouth Gran Fury by lizard on 04/05/2001. Trim: 1988 Plymouth Gran Fury Salon, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Has a police package--was once a police car. Its big and strong, I don't worry so much while driving in it--I call it the tank. Has alot of new parts: brakes, battery, belts, hoses, tires, radiator and shocks, motor mounts. Has alot of room in front and back--bench seats.
Cons: It is ugly--needs a paint job. Doesnt like the cold or heavy rain. Needs time to get started in these conditions. Its big and it is a V8. It tends to burn oil. it is a rear wheel drive. Would prefer a smaller, economical car for commuting purposes.
Overall review: It is in need of a paint job--the paint is peeling. It runs well and has a strong engine. I get its oil changed every 3000 to 3500 miles. it has the police package, so it is set higher, the brakes and suspension is different than an ordinary Plymouth Gran Fury, so it handles situations very well and the engine seems to run strong. As i said before it just dosent like cold weather or heavy rain, so i use dry gas to help warm it up. The interior is in very good condition, the heat and radio work fine. Aside from its appearance, its a decent car. Would like to sell it if anyone is interested.