1995 Subaru Legacy

1995 Subaru Legacy pictures
1995 Subaru Legacy Prices
1995 Subaru Legacy Fuel Economy
Very cool car. by citris1 on 01/24/2013. Trim: 1995 Subaru Legacy L, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I love the way this car handles. The styling is moderate so it doesn't look out of fashion 18 years after it was made. It is just the right size and configuration, not too big, not too small with lots of room in the back to carry stuff. It is economical to run and seldom needs repair.
Cons: I wish it was quieter ride. Although the design is excellent Subaru seemes to have skimped on materials. I do repairs myself and several times bolts have broken. My old old Honda was never like that.
Overall review: Looking at my car in the parking lot one day, I said to myself "My Subaru is so cool."
Sassy Subie by Wisconsin Princess on 04/10/2011. Trim: 1995 Subaru Legacy L, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Love my Subie, dependable, from first 5 years in Florida to the last 11 in Wisconsin.........without being in a garage in winter.
Cons: What's not to like
Overall review: I would recommend to any one........repairs have been few and not too costly if you stay away from the dealer service depts.
Review ID: #551928 Is this review offensive?
faithful by Kat on 11/26/2009. Trim: 1995 Subaru Legacy LSi, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: can turn on a dime - excellent handling - a work horse of a car -
Cons: nothing !
Overall review: overall excellent vehicle -
Engine's Longevity Defeated by Rust! by JoApp on 04/07/2009. Trim: 1995 Subaru Legacy L AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought it at 159K five years ago, am up to 218K and engine still purrs. I love how it handles, very maneuverable, feels strong. I have never been stranded anywhere.
Cons: Rust-rust-rust! I have to give it up because whole undercarriage (rocker panels especially) has corroded and too expensive to fix. Last year I spent hundreds to fix rust for inspection. Also cam oil leak. I have no garage and live in Maine but I heard Subarus rust out faster than other cars (and before their engines are ready to die).
Overall review: I'd still be driving it if I had had a garage to help fight rust. Long-lasting, great driving if you can keep the rusting under control.
UNBELIEVABLE CAR! by MIKE UPSTATE NEW YORK on 09/18/2008. Trim: 1995 Subaru Legacy L AWD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: my subie is a lil rusty but very trusty it just hit 270,000 miles and is still running strong i know for a fact that i will get over 300,000 miles thats my goal i have owned this car for 7 years and it never broke down on me once ive put a couple of starters and 3 alternators in back to back it had to of been a freak thing just got 2 bad ones in a row but i love the all wheel drive this car is by FAR the best car ive ever and will ever own as far as reliability it is unbelievable how a subaru can out last any american made car and yes it has the original engine never rebuilt.
Cons: the only real flaw of a subaru is that the body rusts out fast i mean the car isnt that badly rusted just around the edges of the doors and by the back bumper but hey if you had 270,000 miles on you and where drivin in the snow with salt wouldnt you rust too? no but really an exellent car if you are thinking about getting one DO IT!
Overall review: amazing car will always get you from point A to B and C you home rain,snow,mud any where