1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon

1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon pictures are not available
1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon Prices
1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon Fuel Economy
Road Cruiser by In Style, Minnesota on 04/24/2001. Trim: 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I feel safe in this car! Lots of space! The ride is incredibly smooth. Rear-wheel drive means generally lower repair bills!
Cons: Gas mileage only an avg of 17mpg. Not a good winter driving car. I had to drive all winter with 200lbs of sand in the back end. I'm not used to a rear-wheel drive car.
Overall review: I love the car! I have had a few major things go since I bought it last year, but they were due for replacement. The mechanics that have seen this car said it is worth fixing even if the trany or engine goes! They don't make 'em like this any more! I went from a 4 cyl Tempo to this tank. I'll never be able to go back to a small car. The ride in this is incredible!
Wagons: Better than any SUV by Tiggie - Moneta, VA on 12/06/2007. Trim: 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon Base, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: If you think you need an SUV, think again. These wagons will hold just about anything an SUV can hold, and get better fuel economy. My 1988 gets 24 MPG with 180K miles on it. It runs like new and rides smoothly and quietly. Ford did something right, they began using the Ford Panther platform in 1979 and it is still used under today's Lincoln Town Car.
Cons: As to be expected, it is not a corner carver. With a front suspension rebuild and new performance tires, it would likely improve significantly. IMPORTANT: There is a small plastic grommet on the throttle body that holds a cable running down to the transmission. This can break and cause poor shifting and ruin your transmission within 20 miles. There is a brass replacement available. Lincolns Online (google it) has more information in the tech section.
Overall review: These are the car to buy if you need to do a little utility work, haul people, and have decent fuel economy. The problem is you must occasionally do the maintence required, which is nothing too serious. Be prepared to do a complete tune up.
Review ID: #519569 Is this review offensive?
The Great White by Scott from Tempe, AZ on 08/20/2005. Trim: 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the space and power. I like that most people have respect for the size of "The Great White Shark". Great for taking dogs to the park and general hauling. Nice quiet ride.
Cons: Gas mileage, speedometer/odometer are off (low speed/high miles) due to wrong size sensing gear from factory.
Overall review: This is a great car that I wish was still in production. I would buy another one. I plan on driving it until it just won't go anymore. Gas mileage is not really a problem, since I usually bike to work and school. We took this on a 2000 mile road trip last year and I served us (Dad, Mom, Junior, and two dogs) well.
good by good on 09/08/2002. Trim: 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon LX, Owned 10 years.
Overall review: good
Great Ulitity by bigdaddymustang on 11/15/2001. Trim: 1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon LX, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: Very good transportation