1991 Ford Ranger

1991 Ford Ranger pictures
1991 Ford Ranger Prices
1991 Ford Ranger Fuel Economy
One of three most durable and troublefree vehicle I have ever owned. by Bob, a Mountain Sheep, formerly from Colorado now permantly living in Oregon. on 04/28/2004. Trim: 1991 Ford Ranger Reg. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: It is an excellent dual purpose vehicle. It drives well on highways. Carries 1500 lb camper quite well averaging 21 mpg. Otherwise, I have been averaging 23 mpg, The 2.9 liter V-6 engine runs well and has been virtually trouble free. Body paint is incredibly durable and quite like new!
Cons: 2.9 liter V-6 is not quite torque enough in Colorado Mountains. At 164,000 miles, the five speed manual transmission had to be completely overhauled costing nearly $1400. Changing three worn out belts each time is always arduous. Instrumental letterings and numbers are hard to read even during Daylight hours...especially for me as a Senior Citizen.
Overall review: I want a new 2005 4x2 (instead of 4x4) Ford Ranger long bed powered by 4 litre V-6 as my next new truck. Ford still says that 2004 Ford F-150 should do well but I insist on a Ranger! They were rather blunt telling me to forget another Ranger as exactly I want.
Good little trucky! by Mom from PA on 06/30/2008. Trim: 1991 Ford Ranger Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: This truck puts up with alot of abuse!!! Two 16 year olds first vehicle!
Cons: None
Overall review: Great first truck!
We LOVE Our Little Ford Ranger (aka: Cricket) We've owned for 7 years. by Kristi, Oklahoma on 05/09/2006. Trim: 1991 Ford Ranger Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Sturdy, dependable, never has let us down.
Cons: 60/40 split bench (making seat covers harder to buy for it). That's it.
Overall review: We have owned our 1991 Ford Ranger XLT since 1997. We paid $3000 for this vehicle. Folks, we have LOVED every minute of owning "Cricket". We just changed our clutch 1.5 years ago. It had 200,000 miles on the ORIGINAL clutch. The next largest problem has been the oil pump. We've gone through 2 of them. Also, the timing belt broke, about 6 years ago. Right now, it is starting to lose it's "seals" and going through the breakdown that ANY vehicle would go through with 250,000 miles on it. So, as of now, we're putting 2 quarts of oil in it every 2 weeks...and blue smoke does come out of the exhaust...but it has NEVER failed us, never left us stranded, and still purrs when you start it. I would recommend the Ford Ranger to ANYONE looking for a sturdy, but small truck. We plan on keeping ours, even though we've bought another vehicle to "retire" this one.
My Baby by Eagle Eye from CA on 07/25/2002. Trim: 1991 Ford Ranger Reg. Cab Long Bed 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Its small size is perfect for a person who doesn't need to tow a trailer but does need to haul bags of fertilizer, ect. The interior is very comfortable, albeit a little cozy. It also beats every truck I've ever seen when it comes to fuel efficiency.
Cons: This is an excellent truck, and if there were anything I could change about it, I would make the cab a little wider so there could be a little more room in that center seat.
Overall review: This truck is awesome. It was my first truck and I can't imagine myself ever buying any other truck than a Ranger. It's small size and surprisingly quick acceleration make it feel almost as sporty as the Mazda Miata that I was considering buying before I discovered this beauty. Parts are inexpensive, as is the fuel, as the four-banger engine is beautifully efficient. Definitely worth buying as a used car.
Good little truck by A CarPoint Consumer on 06/30/2002. Trim: 1991 Ford Ranger Reg. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Still running great at 150,000 miles. Nice interior but small. Easy to park.
Cons: Noisy, accelerates at a turtle's pace.
Overall review: Great for driving around town and hauling landscaping materials.